Insomnia – Here’s Three Ways You Can Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Are you struggling to get a good night’s sleep? Insomnia is not unusual. All of us have an occasional bad night’s sleep. The problem is though, if the odd sleepless night is replaced by recurring sleeplessness. If that’s the case, then it’s very possible that you might be suffering from a form of insomnia. In this article we’ll explore more about how you can get a peaceful night’s sleep.
Insomnia is more common than many people think. Several reports have suggested that up to 25% of our population reports some kind of difficulty sleeping at least three times a week. The problem is more common in older people. In the United States alone, there are estimates that $2.4 billion is spent each year on insomnia prescriptions and remedies. Add to that non-prescription medications and supplements which might include such things as melatonin top hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
Here are the most common effects of Insomnia
- Difficulty falling asleep.
- Waking up often during the night.
- Waking up too early in the morning.
- Restless and non refreshing sleep.
The amount of sleep needed is not the same for each person. It’s quite normal for us to sleep less as we get older.. One of the reasons for this is a decrease in the natural hormone Melatonin. Melatonin regulates the body’s sleeping rhythms. These sleeping rhythms, or as they are also called, circadian rhythms regulate our sleep patterns. It is not at all strange for sleep patterns to be temporarily changed, if we experience things such as sudden changes in weight, or a traumatic event like anxiety, depression, stress, tension or even jet lag.
One of the more effective supplements is a product called Melatrol. Not only does it contain Melatonin in it, but also other natural herbs that help produce a safe and natural sleep with no side effects.
Insomnia can sometimes be a physical problem, but sometimes it’s caused by a psychological issue. So therefore by addressing the psychological issue and you’ll find that the insomnia will go away and you can finally get a good night’s sleep..
Here are three ways to beat insomnia and get a good night’s sleep.
- When trying to diagnose and treat any underlying medical or psychological problems that may be contributing to the insomnia is to try removing the root cause of the problem. If you can identify and fix that, then it’s likely that your normal sleep patterns will naturally return.
- You’ll need to identify behaviors that might irritate or worsen insomnia. Look for any bad habits, and then take some action to stop or reduce them. I’m talking about things like a large caffeine intake, drinking alcohol before bedtime or smoking. Those things can cause you to lose sleep. (See my article Alcohol and It’s Effects on Insomnia)
- You can use behavioral therapies and techniques to improve sleep. Check out the website listed below which has proven successful for many people. Just click on the blue image.
Here are some examples of other successful and popular therapies that have been used to beat insomnia. They include things like relaxation therapy. Relaxation therapy provides us with psychological anchors’ or sleep triggers.
A popular way is to use sleep suggestion audios that use binaural sounds and positive suggestions to induce a natural state of relaxation. They are also called self hypnosis audios. They help us to re-frame our feelings to eliminate the negative emotions that cause the insomnia.
The important point of this article is that you need to take some kind of a positive action to lick your insomnia problem. You can’t just expect hat the problem will go away by itself. After all what have you got to lose other than another sleepless night? Be sure to check out the other articles at our blog.